Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Vintage, Please?

I love how fashion can sometimes be timeless and  appealing to people a few decades later. That's why vintage photographs can never should alway be kept in a special inspiration folder in everyone's computer.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


That beaded dress that Twiggy is wearing is a work of art, don't you think? 



Red lipstick,  the kitten flick, arched eyebrows, and a chic hat make this look effortlessly stylish.



Audrey Hepburn seems to pull off the tomboy look quite well, right?


A simple stripped tee for a sunny day at the beach. It somehow reminds me to Coco Chanel. 
I've never wrapped a scarf around my head but this is encouraging me to.

I never thought a simple cut out could make a dress so elegant.



Simple and chic... very Audrey Hepburn indeed.


What do you think about this lovely playsuit for a sunny day at the beach?

Source: Fashionising.com and http://yehyehgrace.tumblr.com/


14 comments:

  1. amazing photos. my favourites are definitely Audrey but i love that cut-out dress. ah-may-zingg :)


    faialofa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and so cute imaggines!!

    kisis from http://aboutmyfashionlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love these!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying over these fabulous vintage photos!! That Twiggy photo is AMAZING! And nobody pulls off elegance quite like Liz Taylor...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I love to see how vintage fashion photography or black & white movies are a great source of inspiration for the fashion world today. Classic is eternally modern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picks - love these photos. It always comes back to simple, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.... all of these photos are so beautiful, simple B&W but amazing

    comeintoourroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right, vintage photos are amazing :D I especially love that second one :)


    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing selection of photos. Definitely loving the beaded dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pictures, I especially like the one of Elizabeth Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely blog!
    lovely photos!
    now, I'm follow you

    kisses from spain :)

    www.socucute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is amazing! I've been so obsessed by the style and culture that I named my rabbit Twiggy, when I was 13. Now I just love to create my outfits using inspiration from the vintage-clothing :-D

    I'm following you now! Hoope you will follow back: yallehballeh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is amazing!!! Love all these photos, great inspiration!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete